If your are in need of some delicious protein and healthy carbohydrates, this is a meal for you. Salmon is a tasty fish that is low in saturated fat and a great protein alternative to beef. This old school Gracie Diet recipe is a nice way to change things up. Salmon and rice is a great way to get your in your daily carbs and protein. This is a fantastic high protein dish full of omega-3 fatty acids that also tastes great.
Ingredients in Black Rice with Salmon
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Rosemary
- Fresh Parsley
- Fresh Chives
- Wild Caught Salmon
- Black Rice
- Bay Leaves
- Basil Leaves
- Salt and Pepper
Easy Way to fix Black Rice
- Add water and rinsed black rice to a saucepan.
- Over medium-high heat, bring the water to a boil. Add salt, reduce heat, cover and cook for about 30-35 minutes. (Don’t open the lid too often because this will let a lot of steam out.) Continue cooking until the rice is tender and chewy and all water is absorbed.
- Take off the heat and let it stand covered for about 5 to 10 minutes then fluff with a fork and serve.
Black Rice with Salmon
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Fresh Rosemary finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Fresh Parsley finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Fresh Chives finely chopped
- 7 oz Wild Caught Salmon
- 18 oz Black Rice
- 3 Leaves Bay Leaves
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Leaves Basil
Black Rice Preparation:
- Cook the Rice
- In an open pot, sauté the chives.
- Add the rice, salt and olive oil as you continue to sauté the chives.
- Add the basil. (add water if too dry)
- Prepare the seasoning by mixing olive oil, rosemary, basil, parsley, chives, salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the salmon
- Place salmon on nonstick pan and cook at 375 in the oven for 15 minutes